If you're looking for an easy-to-use blade that can cut pizzas, vegetables, meats, and other items without damaging them in the process, then any ulu knife is a great choice! However, if you don't have much strength or grip control, the curved blades on some ulu knives maybe your best option. In addition, the wooden handles provide better grip control and can withstand wear and tear.
Another factor to consider is the price range of various models. Ulu knives are available in a variety of pricing ranges, depending on their intended usage and materials. The cheapest versions may not last as long as higher-priced, higher-quality models. So be sure of what you really want.One of the knives that has the most striking designs is the ulu knife. Along with its distinct appearance, it has a wide range of applications. The Alaskan Ulu Knife is a multi-purpose knife originally used by Aleut tribes to clean and skin animals.
These days, the greatest ulu knives are almost solely utilized in the kitchen. They can use them as knives to cut meat, pizza, vegetables, fruits, and other foods.
This post will be quite useful if you are looking for a long-lasting, high-quality ulu knife. We'll go through the top five Alaskan ulu knives on the market. I have included a lengthy section after our picks that outlines the different types and purposes of ulu knives, as well as any queries you might have. This is in addition to a comprehensive buying guide that will go over the key factors to consider when selecting an ulu knife.
Our Top Picks For The Best Ulu Knives
Reviews Of The Best Ulu Knives From Our Research
1. Multi-Colored Exotic Wood-Handled Ulu with Stand
Multi-Colored Exotic Wood Handled Ulu with Stand
- Easy to use rocking knife even for people with arthritis
- 6 inch 440 Stainless Steel Blade
- Multi-colored exotic wood handle and stand cleans with soap and water
- Single edged blade ready to use out of the package
The multi-colored wood-handled ulu is a beautiful knife that makes for a great gift. This comes with a knife and chopping bowl that looks like a wooden base to prevent it from sliding around on the countertop and cutting unwanted items, such as your hands. There are differently sized holes drilled into the stand so you can adjust how tall it is to suit your countertop perfectly.
The blade is made of stainless steel, so you don't have to worry about rusting over time. Three colors on the handle are designed after an Alaskan sunset, making this ulu knife a beautiful display item for your home kitchen. The size of the blade is 4 inches, which many reviewers say is large enough for most cutting tasks.
The blade is not as sharp as higher-end ulu knives, but if you've never used one before, this will be a great learning tool.
- Beautiful Alaskan wood design with different colored hues to mimic an Alaskan sunset
- Wood stand with different-sized holes to adjust the height of stand for various countertops.
- Stainless steel blade, which is not as sharp as other ulu knives
- It can be used as a bread knife for foods that are not traditional to ulu knives
- Stainless steel blade resists rusting over time but can dull if not sharpened or used with proper cutting techniques.
- Beautiful design that will serve as a good learning tool for someone new to ulu knives.
- Wood stand prevents the knife from sliding around on the countertop and cutting unwarranted items such as your hand.
- Many reviewers say that the size of the blade was large enough to use for most cutting tasks.
- The knife is not as sharp or sturdy as higher-end knives but can be a great learning tool if you are new to ulu knives.
- The wood will dull the blade if you try to use it for harder vegetables.
2. Alaska Ulu Knife Set-Curved Knife with Wood Handle
The ulu knife has a wide variety of different uses, including cutting meat and vegetables. This curved ulu knife is the best option if you are looking for a high-quality piece to add to your kitchen collection.
The set comes with two knives: one 8-inch blade made from stainless steel and another 4-inch blade made from birch wood. The stainless steel blade is perfect for cutting vegetables, while the birch wood can easily cut through meats.
The 8-inch blade comes with a wooden handle designed to offer the user increased control of their cuts. This ulu knife makes preparing meals very easy and efficient due to its lightweight design. It has a self-sharpening, stainless steel blade that can be easily sharpened when needed. The 4-inch curved blade is perfect for making precise cuts and lightweight to prevent fatigue while cutting.
- Made from both stainless steel and birch wood
- Curved design with two blades to provide different cutting options for meats or vegetables
- The 8-inch blade comes with a wooden handle for increased control when cutting.
- The self-sharpening, stainless steel blade ensures that the blade lasts longer and is easy to use.
- Birchwood handle offers better control of ulu knives when cutting meats or vegetables.
- Some reviewers say this knife is not as sharp as other ulu knives on the market today.
- The wood handles may dull with extended use.
3. 8" Block with Deep Dish Chopping Bowl
This 8-inch deep-dish chopping bowl is a great addition to almost any kitchen. The essential ulu knife has a stainless steel blade that allows you to cut, chop, and slice fruits and vegetables effortlessly.
You can even use this tool for cutting meat or poultry if desired. It comes with a wooden handle that provides additional control when cutting. The birch-wood handle is designed to be tough yet comfortable for the user.
- Contains stainless steel blade that is rust-resistant, sharp, and durable; great for cutting fruits and vegetables
- The 8-inch blade is great for cutting large items, such as potatoes or squash.
- A larger size blade allows you to cut larger items with ease
- WoodWood handle provides better control of of the blade blade
- The bowl catches all your slicing or chopping so so you don don't have to clean up up mess afterward afterward
- Some reviewers say the quality of this ulu knife is poor and falls apart easily.
- The wood handle may not last very long.
4. Alaskan Inupiat Style Walnut Ulu Knife
This ulu knife comes with a walnut handle that is designed to be ergonomically comfortable for the user. The curved blade has an inlaid pewter inlay for added style and flair. The wood etching on the blade showcases the colors of Alaska's local puffins. Overall, this ulu knife has a sharp blade and isn't too heavy for the user to handle.
- The 8-inch blade is designed with inlaid pewter and walnut wood inlay that is both decorative and functional.
- The wooden handle is designed with an ergonomic grip to provide maximum comfort while cutting.
- The curved design allows for easy chopping and cutting
- The pewter and walnut inlay make the handle attractive and durable
- Some reviewers say this ulu knife is rather small; it may not cut larger items like squash or potatoes.
- The blade may dull quickly with frequent use.
5. Brown Wood Alaskan Ulu
Alaskan Ulu, Legendary Knife of the Arctic
- Finally, a rocker knife worthy of great chefs! Ulu knives have a unique design which increases dexterity and leverage,...
- The blade is made of stainless steel and has a large, easy to grip wooden handle. This is an excellent tool for...
- The Ulu rocker knife performs most culinary chores with ease and efficiency - from chopping nuts to slicing cheese and...
- The blade on the Ulu Knife measures 6". Walnut knife stand and instruction book included
This stainless steel blade ensures that your knife is easy to use and doesn't rust or dull with repeated use. The birch-wood handle has a unique curve that makes cutting large items easier. The wooden handle provides a better grip than many other knives.
- Stainless Steel blade is built to be rust-resistant and ensures your knife doesn't dull with use or break easily.
- Wooden Birch handle has a unique curve that makes cutting large items much easier.
- The 8-inch blade is great for cutting larger items such as potatoes and squash.
- The blade may rust over time if not well maintained
- Some reviewers say that the handle slides off too easily, and the blade may not last as long as other knives.
- The wood handle doesn't provide a better grip for those who have greasy hands.
6. Pizza Cutter Stainless Steel Ulu Knife
Pizza Cutter Stainless Steel Ulu knife Razor Sharp Rocker Slicer Cutter Mincing Mezzaluna Knife...
- CUT FOOD QUICKLY! - KEISSCO ulu knife / pizza cutter is a really versatile kitchen tool, great for cutting all sorts of...
- COOL DESIGN! BETTER THAN OTHERS - With top-quality materials, UPGRADED anti-slip handle and holder,strong blade,supper...
- EASY TO USE! COMFORT - The fact that you are comfortable while using this product is very important, and it starts with...
- ADVANCED INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT - The perfect size and weight make the products being sliced offer no...
This ulu knife comes with an 8-inch stainless steel blade that is circular and has a serrated edge. The handle is made of wood for durability and has two notches on either side of the handle for easy gripping.
Overall, this product provides you with the ability to cut your favorite pizzas easily!
- The circular blade has a serrated edge and cuts easily through pizzas but doesn't damage them in the process.
- Stainless steel is durable and won't rust with repeated use
- The stainless steel blade cuts easily through pizzas with minimal effort
- The handle is made of wood for durability and has two notches on either side to provide the user with better grip control
- Some reviewers say that this pizza cutter doesn't allow them to cut the entire depth of the pizza in one motion; the wood handle may break before the pizza does.
7. Walnut Handle Lamson Ulu Knife
Lamson Ulu Knife, Walnut Handle, 6.25 "
- The Lamson Ulu Knife is a really versatile kitchen tool, great for cutting all sorts of meats, vegetables, cheeses,...
- Features hardened and tempered high-carbon 420HC stainless steel blade, walnut handles that are hard and durable...
- The Ulu Knife dates back to 2500 BC and said to contain ancestral secrets and so is often passed down from generation to...
- Hand wash only and when the Walnut handle appears dry, treat with mineral oil
The Lamson Ulu knife has a curved blade that is made of stainless steel for durability. This product comes with a walnut handle and a leather sheath to prevent damage while it's stored in your kitchen drawer. The stainless steel blade doesn't rust or dull easily and can be sharpened with relative ease.
Overall, this ulu knife is a great choice for anyone in the market for a new blade.
- The curved stainless steel blade is durable and doesn't rust or dull easily.
- Walnut handle provides the user with better grip control
- The curved blade makes cutting very easy and is ideal for those without much strength or grip control.
- Handle provides the user with a better grip and makes cutting items such as vegetables and large pieces of food easier.
- The wooden handle doesn't break easily and provides the user with better grip control.
- Stainless steel blade doesn't cut vegetables as easily as some bladed utensils.
- Some reviewers say that this knife is difficult to clean and may rust if not properly maintained. Some say that they don't feel like it provides enough cushion when cutting meat or pizzas.
Alaska Ulu Knife
- Stainless Steel Blade
- Wooden handle and Stand
- Engraved "Alaska" in handle
- Image of the state of alaska and flag on the blade
The Alaska ulu knife is made of stainless steel that has been sharpened into a curved shape. The handle is made of birch wood for durability and grip and doesn't break easily under normal wear. This product provides you with the ability to cut items such as vegetables, pizzas, meats, and other foods without damaging them in the process.
- The stainless steel is sharpened into a curved shape and is durable; it won't rust or dull easily.
- Birchwood handle provides the user with better grip control when cutting vegetables, pizzas, meats, etc.
- Curved stainless steel blade doesn't damage items it's used to cut
- The handle is birchwood for durability and grip control; it won't break easily like other wooden utensils.
- Stainless steel is sharpened into a curve which makes cutting easier than most utensils.
- It isn't easy to clean the wooden handle
- This product is on the expensive side for most consumers.
We hope you find the perfect ulu knife for your needs! Remember, there are many knives out there with various features that might be better suited to meet your specific cutting needs.
Regardless of which knife you choose, please make sure it’s always sharpened before use!