- Featuring a European style head with a 4" blade and a 4 1/2" cutting edge
- It takes a big bite with every swing. Plus, it features a very sturdy, durable straight-grained American Hickory handle
- In our extensive field-tests in the outback of Australia, the Trail Boss was used to chop kindling
- Clear roads and trails, to build blinds and even to chop down a fair sized tree
- Leather Axe Sheath Beautiful Bushcraft Style Cold Steel Trail Boss
- Custom molded for the Cold Steel Trail Boss Axe (CS Part # 90TA)
- Sheath covers entire axe head and shoulder
- Snaps on and off, no buckles or straps to deal with
- Tension adjustment set screw
- Overall Length 11 1/8"
- Blade Length 6"
- Blade Thickness 3/16"
- Steel / Material VG-10 San Mai
- See description below for Lionheart Edition contents
- A World Rich in Depth - The events of Trails of Cold Steel are expertly told so that longtime Trails veterans and...
- New Link System - Take advantage of the Combat Link System by bonding with allies throughout the school year, netting a...
- Sleek Update to Classic Growth Mechanic - Trails of Cold Steel streamlines the classic Orbment magic system with new...
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Shahrukh Khan, Kajol, Amrish Puri (Actors)
- Aditya Chopra (Director) - Aditya Chopra (Writer) - Yash Chopra (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
Review Of The Cold Steel 90ta Trailboss Axe
Cold Steel has put out a line of quality knives for years such as the Cold Steel Superbreak and Cold Steel Trail Boss. These are some of the most popular knives on the market today and they have a lot of good reasons to be so. One reason is that Cold Steel has been around for a long time and their reputation is sterling. They have a lifetime guarantee on their products and this is more than you can say for many other manufacturers.
The Cold Steel Trail Boss has an overall length of 9.9 inches and it has a top grain bended blade with a drop forged 1055 carbon high carbon stainless steel blade. It has a full dobbed stainless steel lockback which is a big plus. The overall length and weight is just over two pounds which is on the heavy side for a folding knife. There is also a pocket clip or a pull out sheath that comes with the knife.
The cold steel trail boss was designed for a variety of uses. It is primarily an axe and can also be used as a survival knife. You can use it to chop firewood and also to cut branches and get rid of weeds and brush. You can use it for digging and for opening cans when you are out in the outback of australia, the bush trail boss was designed for these uses. The blades locking mechanism is very strong and it makes sure that the blade stays sharp for a very long time.
There is also a version of the cold steel trail boss tomahawk in the United States that is different than the one sold in australia. The US version has a different handle and the blade is flat whereas the australian version is round. The whole thing is very comfortable and it makes the user very comfortable indeed. It is durable too and the whole thing is made from a very tough and rugged stainless steel. The handles have excellent workmanship which make them very sturdy to be used in tough conditions. This means that the cold steel trail boss tomahawk will be able to take a beating and not break because of its tough construction.
The Cold Steel is available in two different sizes. The regular size is seven inches long and the extra large size is ten inches long. It weighs one pound. It is compact enough to carry all day in your hand or strapped to your backpack. Plus, it features a european style head with a serrated diamond blade making it super tough for chores that would make a normal hatchet or tomahawk scream for mercy.
The Cold Steel Trail Boss Axle/Shaft assembly is designed to support either a fixed or removable shaft. Although the assembly is designed to work with either a fixed shaft, users have been known to not use the assembly on fixed rams because of the tendency for the axle to become pinched between the two trekking poles. However, this can be overcome by slightly decreasing the number of trekking poles that you are using. Even though the instructions come with the axle/shaft assembly, we have not been able to try it out ourselves.
Plus, it has a very tough, durable straight-grained western red oak handle that is extremely easy to grip. We prefer the titanium/carbon fiber shafts for hiking and other outdoor sports activities. Although the instructions come with the axles and the shafts, we were not able to try it out ourselves. In our extensive field-tests in the outback of australia, the trail boss was used to chop down a large tree (which would be too large for a regular hatchet) and to chop firewood, to build rudimentary shelter for emergency situations, plus, to build an emergency toilet and cooking apparatus.
The shaft, which includes the core, the locking mechanism, the face, and the cap, weighs 2.2 pounds for an average of eighteen inches in length, and it is eleven inches tall. Using a traditional bow, draw weight is approximately five pounds, and maximum use is approximately seven hundred feet for a full hour. With the optional carrying case, it measures ten inches long overall. And with a claimed nine-inch neck, cold steel 90ta trail boss axe is compact enough to carry all day in your hand or strapped to your pack.